Here, at Allens Caravans we have lots of Sited Static Caravans and Used Static Caravans for Sale. In this article we tell you how you can prevent fire in your sited static caravan ensuring safety and comfort for you, your family and your friends.
- Make sure you don’t overload your power sockets as this result in them being overheated and could cause fire in your static caravan. It is important to ensure the wires are not twisted either.
- If you have gas appliances in your static caravan make sure they are checked at least once a year by a Gas Engineer who is CORGI Registered.
- Electric Appliances can cause fire as well if they’re not in the right condition, make sure they are regularly checked, serviced and replaced as often as needed.
- Fire Alarms and Smoke Alarms are the first line of defence if there was a fire in your home, make sure you regularly test your fire and smoke alarm.
- It is really important that you do not smoke inside your static caravan. Not only does it cause the nasty smell in your home but it can also increase the risk of a fire.
- Make sure everything in your home is ‘child safe’. It should not be possible for your children to fiddle with dials and turn an electric oven or boiler on, as that could then result in a potential fire risk.