A static caravan or a mobile home can be a major investment however it will provide you with many happy holidays with your family or friends for years to come. However to make the most out of your holiday home and to keep it in its best condition you will need to follow these tips to maintaining your holiday home, whether it is a static caravan or mobile home.
- Get your homes water supply, electric and gas supply checked once a year by a professional if you do not feel competent in doing the checks yourself, just as you would your car
- Check the interior and exterior for dampness or leaks; fix these areas if there are any concerns.
- Ensure you complete a full check before leaving the holiday home for winter, make sure there is no food that could attract pests and also double and triple check the locks on windows and doors.
- If necessary drain water systems so pipes do not freeze, expand and break or burst.
- Make sure you check your fire or smoke alarm regularly, just as you would at home. If you have any fire extinguishers check they are in date.
These small jobs will ensure that you can enjoy your home for many years to come. In completing this small jobs you will have the peace of mind that all is well at your mobile home while you are enjoying the wintery season at home.
There are some quick checks and simple maintenance steps that you can take yourself to keep all the components of your caravan in fine working order.